The African Foundation for Capacity Building in Africa (ACBF), aims to respond to African challenges in human and institutional capacities.
In partnership with stakeholders, be the African leading institution in the development of sustainable capacity for good governance and poverty reduction in Africa.
Human and institutional capacity for sustainable development and poverty reduction in Africa.
Key skills areas
- Management and analysis of economic policies
- Accountability and Financial Management
- Management and Public Administration
- National Statistics and statistical systems
- National parliaments and parliamentary institutions
- Professionalization of the private sector and civil society voice
- intervention modes
- Funding Grant
- Support and technical consulting
- Products and services based on knowledge
The United Nations Country Team (UN Country Team / UNCT) in Cape Verde comprises the Heads of Agencies / Programs / UN Funds and is led by / Coordinator / Resident (RC). The UNCT work together to support Cape Verde in achieving the Millennium Development Goals (MDGs) and to fulfill the objectives and national development priorities through the implementation of the Cooperation Programme, designed an approach based on human rights.
This program uses a combined and coordinated structure for planning of all resident and non-resident agencies participating in the initiative of “Delivering as One”.
Millennium Goals for Development
- Eradicate extreme poverty and hunger
- Achieve Universal Primary Education
- Promote gender equality and empower women
- Reduce Child Mortality
- Improve Maternal Health
- Combat HIV / AIDS, malaria and other diseases
- Ensure a sustainable environment
- Develop a global partnership for development
Cooperative relations between the State of Cape Verde and Luxembourg date back to the 80s and in 1993, Cape Verde becomes a privileged partner country of Luxembourg Development Cooperation, after the signing of the first General Cooperation Agreement, the August 3, 1993, defining the general framework for cooperation in the fields of business, cultural, scientific, technical, financial and economic between the two countries.
Since 1999, it takes place on an annual basis – in alternation between Beach and Luxembourg – the partnership commissions between Cape Verde and Luxembourg.